The benefits of winning awards can be huge – more customers will choose you over the competition, you’ll get the best talent applying for your jobs, and you will boost internal morale. You’ll also often receive feedback to help you improve your business even further.
But entering business awards can feel a bit like a game of cards – play the right hand and you’ll be a winner, but miss out on that vital card and your competitor will take the lot.
So how do you know if you are ready to enter awards and win in the first place?
First you need to pick an awards programme that is right for you. Start by investigating which awards will give you the most valuable recognition, put you in front of the right audience, align you with the best brands, and bring your business the best benefits.
Once you’ve identified the ideal awards programmes, next you need to find the right categories to highlight your successes by filtering through their specific criteria.
Next you need to get all the right evidence together to demonstrate your achievements. And only once you have completed this three stage process can you even think about starting to write your entry.
Every single award competition sets its own entry requirements, criteria and benchmarking scores, so you must check these carefully before entering. Here are a few general guidelines that will help you gather everything you need to stand a chance of winning.
Answer the questions below to give yourself the maximum chance of hitting the awards jackpot:
- Do you have at least 12 months company finances showing positive results?
- Have you identified your USP for the award – how are you going to stand out?
- Do you have positive customer feedback and testimonials from key accounts?
- Do you have permission to share the details of your client projects?
- Do you have both qualitative and quantitative evidence of your success?
- Can you demonstrate that your product or service is leading your industry?
- Can you show that your innovation is making money – it’s not just a ‘good idea’?
- Do you have photos, imagery or videos that can bring your entry to life?
- Can you demonstrate how you have overcome challenges to reach your goals?
- Can you demonstrate multiple ways in which you have progressed and grown?
These 10 questions are just the start. There is a lot more to winning awards than meets the eye. Speak to an expert to make sure you enter awards that are the perfect fit for you and save yourself hours, weeks and sometimes even months of preparation.
Contact me for a FREE consultation and I’ll give you all the information you need to help you stand out for all the right reasons and become an award winner.