Would you like to win a Queen’s Award for enterprise but you don’t know where to start, or if you are even ready to enter?
You could be a business or a charity, just 2 people or 2000, but whoever you are – you are excellent at what you do. The questions below will help you understand the wide range of entrants, but there is no ‘typical’ winner.
Every year The Queen’s Awards give out around 150 awards to UK businesses, these are broken down roughly as follows:
- Innovation (30)
- International Trade (100)
- Sustainable Development (10)
And did you know that The Queen’s Awards welcome collaboration on your entry?
The Queen’s Awards organisers know how time-consuming the entries are – estimating that they take at least 50 hours to put together – in my experience this is often a lot more! But the great news is they have created an additional portal for your appointed collaborator to create and submit your entry. So now there is no need to worry about doing all the hard work yourself – you can officially hand over the reigns and we’ll do all the work for you while you carry on doing what you do best.
Your story could make you a Queen’s Award winner – contact me for a FREE consultation to see how I can help you and if you meet the criteria. And if I don’t think you are ready to enter? Then I will explain why and advise you what you need to do to improve your chances of future Queen’s Awards success.
Start thinking about your eligibility by answering the following questions and click on the blue links to see an eligibility infographic on each category. You only need to answer yes to one of the questions to have a potential chance of success:
- Are you an entrepreneur with a unique business that’s been growing year on year for a minimum of 2 years?
- Have you innovated a new product that has been flying off the shelves for 2 or 5 years and recouped all investments?
- Has your innovation driven and sustained the commercial growth of your company?
- Does your business offer something not offered anywhere else in the UK?
- Is your business, your product, your process, or your service truly ‘new’ and ‘unique’?
- Has your business been exporting overseas for at least 3 years with substantial success?
- Can you measure the growth of your business over either 3 or 6 complete financial years without showing any dips in sales?
- Are you able to demonstrate how a strategic placement into a new market has driven your success?
- Have you noticed a steep incline in your financial results over the past 3 years?
- Do your overseas sales show a consistent percentage of growth over 6 years?
- Does your business put the environment at the forefront of its operations?
- Has your business supported society in a way that has created outstanding commercial success?
- Does your business support the economy and the citizens of the UK in a way that is measurable?
- Have you changed your operations to become a sustainable and environmentally progressive company?
- Are you a good role model for other businesses when it comes to sustainability?
Answered Yes to at least ONE of the questions above? Then you could be a winner! Get in touch and tell me your story to find out if you could become a Queen’s Awards winner this year.